Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bangladesh Says “I Don’t F*ck With Lil Wayne”



Weezy’s two for two. At being sued that is. While serving time for his weapon possession charge, Lil Wayne is being sued by yet another producer. Shondrae “Bangladesh” Crawford who produced Weezy’s hit single “A Milli,” claims that he hasn’t received anything in royalties for his contribution with the hit single. Smh at these nuckas not paying producers for these joints. #wheretheydothatat?

“I don’t fuck with [Lil Wayne]… and you can print that,” Bangladesh told VIBE, when asked if fans should anticipate a reunion come his 2011 release. “Cash Money don’t pay royalties. The Carter III, [is] his biggest album probably because of “A Millie.” [But] you have to sue these guys so that they pay up.”

The Atlanta beatmaker disclosed that he is suing for an estimated 500 Gs in owed royalty checks for his work on “A Millie,” one of Wayne’s most revered records of all time. A single that earned him Best Rap Solo Performance at the 2009 Grammy’s and gave The Carter III ammunition to sell a million records it’s first week of release in June 2008.

“It’s [Wayne and Baby's] responsibility to pay [me] because all the money from album sales goes to Cash Money. I get checks from Sony for Beyoncé, checks from different labels for different artists, it just comes to you. You don’t have to call them, sue them and all that junk. This is what you’re owed.”

He continues, “I don’t really give a fuck about [Wayne]. I can’t give a fuck about somebody that don’t give a fuck about my situation, I have kids. In the hood, people get killed for ten dollars. I couldn’t imagine owing someone hundreds of thousands of dollars and just walking around in front of them. I’m so confident in myself, that I don’t need Lil Wayne. There’s gonna be so many opportunities. I can create a Lil Wayne.”

No comments:

Post a Comment